4/22/11

Confession

           Have you ever felt that the world spins around you? That the fabric of the Universe itself bends to your Fears, Needs and Wishes?


         The following scraps of memory have been laid on paper on a very short notice. I apologize for any incertitudes that may result from it. But I feel like I have -or at least try- to explain what monstrous truths I have witnessed...or at least I think I did, on the night of  the 23rd of May, 2002.
For if I don't, I feel like I might lose the last patch of sanity that I possess...or worse.


       I shall start from the beginning.

     My name is Victor Druchenski, I am an anthropologist. By the time the following events would unfold, I had just graduated from the cultural and social anthropology wing of the Odysseus University, California.
After I finished my studies, I managed to get in touch with a charitable group of volunteers whose main goal was to help the poor indigenous tribes of north Africa to adapt to the modern civilization.
    I told them that I was willing to join them because I was interested in the traditional African culture and customs, they told me that I was free to do my research as long as I could also contribute to the assimilation plan.
I must admit that I had little to no concern for the actual project, my opinion always being that, as long as civilization accepted them, it was their choice to adapt or not, and no project could change this.

    My true intent was to find and interrogate a Nubian shaman by the name of Abdul Alhazred.

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a good and original start...where is the rest of it though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a few more chapters of this I suppose, but you didn't finish it, did you Chris?

      Delete