4/22/11

Music?

Can you imagine your life without music? I certainly can't. And I know there are millions of other people who can't.
A few days ago I was thinking about how my music preferences changed with time.
I found out that the answer was waaaaay more interesting than what I was expecting; well that's really one of my hobbies, breaking ideas apart and "splitting the straw into four" as we say in Romania.
I started like everyone does, with pop music and really everything that was on the radio at that time.
Then, by the time I was in 1st grade I was listening to rapp music and some Romanian Hip-Hop music.Again this was an increasingly popular genre. Then as I discovered Tolkien ( through the LotR movies tbh) my music tastes changed as well, I was starting to like classical and opera music.
Later on I found the Guns n' roses Use your illusion I and II , Spaghetti incident and Appetite for Destruction tapes ( yes good ol' fashion tapes), and I loved it. And that was the end of my "follow the trend" approach to music. Of course now I'm into more heavy stuff, but hey, I was only 7 at the time so...:P.A few years later I got into Marylin Manson, I don't regret it, but I'm not proud of it either. That's when I found out about commercial Show-offs. Now I'm listening to loads of thrash metal bands, my fave being Megadeth...
       
    Now, that's not that interesting or special is it? I know. I mean, I told this to some of my 'metal' friends in Romania (where being 'metal' isn't common). All their stories were somewhat similar...(including the fantasy books part)
I think that Music doesn't only get you closer to people like you, but also gets you to people with similar backgrounds ...well, not a very special theory but still makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment